...to get used to my new name!
Today, I was filling out the email to send in to change my name at work and I got through the form and realized that I had typed my OLD name in everywhere. Yep, I'm changing my name from Stacia Duesterhaus to Stacia Duesterhaus. Oops!
It's harder than I realized to change my name. And I'm not just talking logistically. I mean, I've had this name for 35 years! I never really questioned that I would change my name when I got married. I always thought I would. But now that I'm doing it, it's kind of sad in a weird sort of way. How crazy is that???
3 comments:
Totally understandable. I'd been married for 3 years and one day signed a check with my maiden name! Stacia D will never go away -- I recommend making dinner reservations every once in awhile with your maiden name, just to remember that girl!
I think the thing that STILL gets me is the initials. I ALWAYS go to sign AS as initials instead of AK. Also, I don't think of myself as just April Knowles or just April Stratton, but as some weird hybrid version of both. I know, it's weird.
OOOH, I like Sue's idea of dinner reservations in her maiden name!
Post a Comment