Monday, July 16, 2012

26 weeks

26 weeks down, 12 to go!

Both babies are doing well and measuring right on track.

Baby A is the more chill of the two. She gives me a few swift kicks/punches to the bladder every day to remind me she is there. Thanks, kiddo.

Baby B is super active and a night owl! She flips around like she is dancing in there. Every time we have a doctor's appointment, she causes trouble by not staying still long enough for a good ultrasound picture or moving out of the range of the Doppler when trying to get her heartbeat. My doctor said she's a show off! Ha!

Originally, Baby A was the one that was always moving when we had ultrasounds. I was actually worried about Baby B because we never saw her move until the 20 week appointment. Funny how things change.

I've been feeling pretty good for the most part. I'm moving a lot slower these days. Getting up from sitting or out of bed takes a lot more effort than it used to! Getting comfortable to sleep is a chore and I'm constantly readjusting all night. I've elbowed Matt in the head a time or two recently. No black eyes... yet. : )

According to the average measurements for people having one baby, my belly is measuring 32 weeks pregnant. At this rate, when I'm 38 weeks pregnant, I will measure 44 weeks pregnant... yikes! It's a good thing I'm tall and have more space to disperse all this baby belly. The only other way to go is straight out! I sometimes feel like this belly can't possibly stretch any more, but it somehow manages to.

Today at our appointment, we (well, just Matt - I was totally oblivious) saw Jay Cutler and Kristin in the waiting room. I had scanned the waiting room when we walked in and didn't really look that closely at people. Then I went to the bathroom and when I got back, Matt says to me - "did you see who was sitting right next to us?" They had been called back while I was in the bathroom, so I missed them. We are there a lot, so maybe we'll run into them again. Who knows. I told Matt we need a signal when we see celebrities so I don't miss this stuff. He says to me "um, yeah, like it happens ALL the time". True.

1 comment:

Sue said...

You look fabulous!!