Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Mother's Day

On the Friday before Mother's Day, the girls' daycare put on a show for all the moms.

The girls had been working on their song in the show for two weeks. We even practiced singing it at home. Their song was "Let's Go Fly a Kite" from Mary Poppins. They pretty much just sang the same couple of lines over and over, but it was really cute. They even had little paper kites to flail about.

Well, come show time, it was a repeat of the great Christmas Show fiasco of 2014. Morgan freaked out when she saw the crowd of people. She was inconsolable. Avery didn't understand why Morgan was so upset, which made her upset. Matt wasn't able to make it to the show, so I was manning both crying kiddos. The girls continue to sing the song at home even now. So, at least, I got my concert eventually. :)

I think Morgan inherited my fear of public speaking

Despite that debacle, I had a nice Mother's Day weekend! The girls (with the help of their awesome Dad) got me some very nice gifts and cards. The flowers were beautiful! I really can't put into words how much I love being a mommy to these two little sweet-peas!


And I can't forget to wish this pig-tailed cutie a Happy Mother's Day! I love you! :)


And then there's this...

Matt was trying to get Avery to say Happy Mother's Day to me. She can't quite get the concept! She wanted to include herself and Matt in her wishes for a Happy Mother's Day - what a stinker! :)



No comments: