First, Morgan face-planted on the asphalt at school and Avery landed on top of her. Morgan's nose was scraped up pretty bad and super swollen. They called me after it happened because she had a pretty bad bloody nose. They said they didn't think it was broken. I was a little worried because it was so swollen and she had trouble breathing. But she also had a cold, which didn't help matters. Luckily, it all cleared up and she seems to be fine now. Of course, she did this two days before school pictures! Can't wait to see how those turn out.
Then one night at home, Avery was running across the living room and tripped and hit the side of her face smack on the corner of their little wooden table. She immediately screamed and I thought - this is going to be bad! I picked her up and was assessing her injury and really didn't see anything. Then Matt points to the side of her face and she had already started getting a huge bruise and a big bump! We iced it and it seemed ok. As it healed, it got really ugly! Even though she hit the side of her face, she got a huge black eye, which lasted over a week. It looked worse the second week than right when it happened.
With Morgan's nose all red and huge and Avery's eye/face all purple, plus their typical skinned arms and knees, I felt like people were staring everywhere we went!
Seems like now with the warmer weather, we get an accident report from school every day! I think we should buy band-aids in bulk!




No comments:
Post a Comment