Tuesday, September 20, 2016

So this happened...

I've been saying for awhile the girls need "big girl beds". They were still in toddler beds (converted from their cribs). Many nights I would find them with their legs hanging out of the bed. They were just getting too big for those little beds. So, we took them shopping to pick out what they wanted and they loved these loft beds. They both wanted to be on top, so we got them each one.


It took maybe 5 seconds of being up on the bed before Morgan tried standing up and walking and totally bonked her head on the ceiling. Ouch! We had to make a rule about no standing, only crawling! The girls love their new beds and keep wanting to play in their room on them. They like to "visit" each other like each has their own "house". We are now trying to pick out new comforters and accessories. Since the girls have such different tastes, we will have a different theme on each side of the room. I'm hoping we can at least keep similar colors overall!

We also got these big "marshmallow" chairs free with the beds. These are so soft and comfy. Avery wants to sleep on hers. :)


We've been telling the girls for a long time that when they got big girl beds, the binkies had to go! They were only using them at night and we just kept letting them. It's so hard to take away something that is so comforting to them. :(  The first night without binkies didn't go very well. Morgan cried off and on for a long time. She kept almost falling asleep and then would cry again saying "I miss my binky". Over and over. I think she finally fell asleep around 11:30PM. Definitely a late night. The next few days have a gone a little better. I'm just glad I don't get called at 3AM anymore to help them find their binkies. That was never fun.

BYE BYE!!! (Hooray!)


No comments: