It's always interesting to get a glimpse into the minds of the girls. I try to remember the things they say, but rarely do and wish I had gotten them down on paper.
The other night during book time, Avery picked a book about a wedding. So, of course, this led to all kinds of questions. I made a comment about how after Daddy and I got married, we moved into the same house together. Avery then asked if she could marry Morgan so they could live together forever. (So sweet!) I told her she couldn't marry her sister. She thought about it for a minute and said "and we can't marry animals either, right?" Um, that's correct. She thought again and said "Can I marry Papa?" (her grandpa). I said "nope, because he's already married to Mama." Then, she asked if she could marry our neighbor John. Ha! Then, Morgan asked where I lived before I married Daddy. I told her I lived with Aunt Erin. They liked that. But, when I told them Daddy lived by himself before marrying me, Avery said "was Daddy sad that he lived by himself?" Again, so sweet to even think like that. I said "no, he had some fish, so he wasn't all alone". Morgan barely missed a beat and said "did the fish take good care of Daddy?" Ha! Yep, those fish took great care of Daddy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment