Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sammy Fund Weekend

As is our tradition, Matt and I headed back to Quincy for the annual Sammy Fund golf tournament. We dropped the kids off at my parents house in Rochester, so we had a kid-free weekend! Matt gets to play lots of golf and I get lots of shopping done. It's a win-win.

Matt makes a mean Bloody Mary and always makes a big batch for everyone before golfing. This year, I found some "bacon salt" for the rim of the glasses and it was a hit! I would never actually order a Bloody Mary out anywhere, but I have to say I love the ones that Matt makes.



We also have gone to the Oktoberfest in Quincy every year and it's a fun time. We listen to some polka music, drink some beer and maybe eat a brat or two. Chuck pulls out his standard Oktoberfest hat each year.

Silliness - we don't get out much - ha!




I have no pictures from the actual golf tournament. But, Matt's team won for their flight and got some shirts. Not bad!

While we were enjoying our time in Quincy, the girls were having a blast at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They went to see the My Little Pony Movie on Friday. Definitely a highlight for them, as they got to have movie theater popcorn. On Saturday, they went to a few places around Springfield - Morgan rode on a huge ferris wheel, the girls did some crafts at the museum and they got to eat McDonalds. Yum! On Sunday, they went to another fall festival and made some crafts, got their faces painted and met Smoky the Bear again. Then, poor Avery got sick and spent the rest of the day sleeping and laying around not feeling well. : (  Up until that point, she never wanted to leave G&G's house!

The girls showing off their new Baby Alive dolls

Feeding them - they actually poop - so much fun!

Letting her doggy go in the zipline

Morgan and Grandpa on the ferris wheel - Avery refused to do it

Working on Halloween crafts

Playing in a HUGE dollhouse - Morgan would love this for our house

Painting pumpkins

Face painting is always a favorite activity

Visiting the museum with Grandma and Grandpa

No comments: