Sunday, November 5, 2017

Chili cook-off

A neighbor of ours had a chili cook-off last night. Matt decided to try out a new recipe and made some smoked pulled pork chili on the green egg. I told him he's pretty ballsy to make an entirely new recipe for a competition with a bunch of strangers. But, go big or go home, I guess.
 




We tried to come up with a fun name. I had to add the "spicy" on there because it turned out a little spicier than Matt expected. It was definitely the spiciest chili in the competition. I think most people played it safe and kept it on the tame side.


Our neighbors had these cook-offs in their old neighborhood in Michigan, so they had everything set up perfectly. Tables and lots of extension cords for the crockpots, small tasting cups and spoons, a few crackers, etc. and the voting ballots. I tried all the chilis and it was crazy how different they all tasted. Everyone has their own take on what makes a good chili!


And the results are in... Matt got third place! The chili was a hit! :)


Our neighbors to our immediate right won 1st place. They said they aren't really "chili" people and just tried out a new recipe, too. So, they were surprised to win. It was a fun event and great to get to meet more of our neighbors. I even met another babysitter to add to the rotation!

No comments: