Friday, August 24, 2018

Trip to Utah - Part 3 - Sunday Funday

We started off our Sunday with some swimming in the backyard and a hike up the mountain behind Matt's Dad's house.






The girls actually took a nap after lunch to catch up some sleep. That evening the rest of the family all came over to Matt's Dad's house for a cookout. The girls got to meet their extended Utah family, which included Matt's stepsisters, his nephews, his nieces and their kiddos. I wish we would have gotten a big family picture! There was a HUGE water gun fight and the girls got right in the middle of it! Avery was vicious!

One of the kids is into origami and made Avery a flower

Lots of kids in the pool

The girls with Aunt Jeri and baby Quinn

Avery stood at the top of this and shot everyone with her water gun
Then, we were just hanging out and Morgan comes running out of the playhouse screaming "there's a tarantula in there!" I thought she was exaggerating and that there was just a large spider. Nope, turns out it actually WAS a tarantula. They come down from the mountains to mate, according to Marcia. Marcia caught it and set it free up in the mountain.

Morgan wanted to hold it - um, nope!

On it's way back up the mountain
On Monday, we had to head back to Chicago. The girls were sad to go because they had so much fun! Our flight home was a bumpy one due to a lot of weather getting out of Utah and then again landing in Chicago. I had given the girls Dramamine because I had seen the forecast. Good thing I did. I hate those kind of flights!



No comments: