Sunday, October 7, 2018

Girls weekend

Every year I get together with my friends from high school, Crystal and JJ. We alternate each other's cities and this year we headed to Omaha! They are the kind of friends you see once a year, but the second you are together, it's like you just saw each other yesterday. We catch up, eat, drink and relax!

Friday night, we went out for drinks and dinner at JJ's country club.


Then, on Saturday, we started off with some axe throwing at Flying Timber. Crystal and I had never done this before. JJ had gone once before and had fun and thought it would be a good time. It was!!! You get to throw axes at a wall and drink beer. Loved it!

Crystal and I stuck to the two handed throw. JJ liked the one-armed throw.


We all got the bulls eye more than once!



Then, we had a little competition. I ended up doing much better than I thought I would. I was pretty sure I would injure myself, but we all three left unscathed!


After that, we went on a tour of the Blackstone district of Omaha. It was kind of rainy/cold day, but the drinks and food were good. We started off at a brewery with the best pretzels and we ended at a gourmet ice cream shop that was so delicious!





After that, we saw A Simple Favor. I never go to see movies in a theater anymore, so that was fun. On Sunday, we went for brunch at Le Bouillon, which was fabulous.

While I was away having fun with the girls, Matt was having a weekend with our girls. They had movie night and got to sleep in the family room on Friday night. They hung out with their cousins a little bit and got to go out for lunch at one of their favorite restaurants, Weber Grill.






I brought them some souvenirs and it took about two seconds for them to dive right in. Guess they didn't miss me much, just wanted their souvenir! Ha! :)




No comments: