Friday, May 24, 2019

Field Trip

The kindergarten classes took a field trip to the Brookfield Zoo. Of course, the weather for most of the week was nice... but, come Friday and field trip day, it was cold and rainy! It really only rained during our lunchtime and we were able to find a place to hang out inside a building for lunch. So, it worked out ok. All of the kids were allowed to bring one chaperone, so most kids had parents with them. We hung out with the girls' friend Lizzie and her mom for the day. There are a few kids that both girls are friends with and Lizzie is one of them. The kids had an assignment to work on while we were there and they took it very seriously. They had to find various types of animals and draw pictures of them.








On the bus ride home, Morgan fell asleep. She was exhausted. When we got back to school, a lot of parents were signing their kids out for the day since there was less than an hour left of the school day. I thought I'd go ahead and take the girls home, so I wouldn't have to come back up to the school to get them later. Morgan was all for coming home, but Avery raced back to the classroom with her friends and told me she wanted to stay at school. So, Morgan and I came home and I went back later to pick Avery up. :)

No comments: