This year, we went to St. Louis. The weekend started out with a text from Southwest that my flight was cancelled. I couldn't get on another direct flight to St. Louis until super late, so I decided to drive instead. Went through some crappy weather, but I made it!
On Friday night, we kicked off the weekend with some margaritas and Mexican food. Then, we went to an escape room. None of the three of us had been to one before, so we started off kind of slow figuring everything out. We managed to escape with some hints from the staff. :) I think we would do much better the next time now that we know what to look for and how escape rooms work.
On Saturday, we drove to Hermann, MO to tour the wineries. Crystal had booked a small house for us to stay at, which was really nice. We spent the day touring around on the wine trolley, tasting tons of great wines and eating lots of yummy snacks! We ended the day at a pizza place and with some drinks around the fire pit.
| Gardetto's + wine = awesome! |
| When you see an old time wagon, you just have to hop on! |
On Sunday, we grabbed some breakfast and headed back to St. Louis. Since I drove and had a long drive ahead of me, I took back off to Chicago.
I stopped off at my parents house for a bit to see the progress my Dad was making on the sun room. It's looking great and I can't wait to see it when it's finished!
No comments:
Post a Comment