Sunday was Avery's big recital day! She performed in two shows - at 10am and 1pm. We had to be there by 9am, so Avery and I went early. I did her hair and make-up. I think it looked pretty good (I'm not even sure what all an 8 year old is supposed to wear for a stage show(?)) Matt joined me for the 10am show. And then the grandparents and Morgan joined us for the 1pm show.
We had to stop off for this photo opportunity! DPDC 2021! Avery was so excited for the day. She told me she LOVES being on stage.
And then, Avery said... "oh, look - balloons!" Ha! So, of course, we took another picture.
While we were at the first show, Morgan was getting fanci-fied by Mama at home. She even wore a sundress and a necklace. She looked beautiful! :)
I must admit, at first when watching all the girls up on stage with black face masks, it kind of creeped me out. But, I got used to it after a bit. When there were only older girls or solos, they didn't wear masks. But, anytime there was a group of people that included kids under 12, they had on masks.
Avery's class theme was Strength and they danced to Demi Levato's Skyscraper. We lucked out that we sat on the right side of the auditorium because that was the side of the stage she was on for all of her times on stage. She participated in the opening and closing numbers along with the Skyscraper dance.
We weren't allowed to take videos, but I snuck in a few seconds from the first recital. Hopefully, we'll be able to get a video link soon. She's second from the right in the first row.
After the first recital, we went outside to have lunch and relax for a few minutes. She was really excited to get flowers! She said "do I get flowers after the next show too?" :)
I managed to get a little longer video of the closing number this time. She's on the right behind the girl in the black hip hop pants.
After the second show, Avery got pictures with her "fans" outside. :)
For a special treat to top off the day, we went to Every Day's A Sundae for some ice cream!
We got back her dance recital professional pictures they took a few weeks ago.



No comments:
Post a Comment