Monday, August 29, 2022

2 days at school = Covid

Well, we made it two days at school and then this happened... Avery woke up Sunday morning feeling really awful. She just slept on the couch for awhile. Milo tried to make her feel better with his cuddles, but it didn't work. :(


She just kept sleeping... we moved upstairs and hung out in the master bedroom watching movies. Well, I watched them, she slept through most of them.


Then, Monday morning she woke up feeling a little better. About an hour after she woke up, she became super congested with such a runny nose. So, I tested her for Covid and it came back positive. I was kind of surprised (not sure why), so I did a second test. Both clearly positive. Ugh.


Protocol for school now is that the kids have to quarantine for 5 days after the initial symptoms and then they can come back to school. While on quarantine, they will get assignments and call in to class for lessons so they don't have to take sick days (as long as they are feeling up for it).

A couple of Avery's friends wrote her cards and had all of her friends sign it. So cute!



Oh and by the way, turns out Avery's class has a little outbreak of Covid. I think there were 5 or 6 kids with it after the first two days! Morgan's class did not have any kids out with Covid.

No comments: