Milo has been going a bit nuts in the evenings these days. He has his "witching hour" like the girls did when they were babies. He just sits and barks at us. Nothing stops the barking. It's incessant. First we just try locking him in the kitchen, but then when we want to eat dinner, he sits by our feet and barks. He's had food, water, bathroom break, treats, etc. So, then he gets put in time out in his "house"... aka his crate. He rarely uses this thing anymore. At night, he just sleeps on the floor. I had contemplated moving it to the basement since we never use it. But, glad I didn't. He really actually likes the crate and calms down pretty quickly in there. Sometimes, we'll open the door to let him out and he just stays in there.
Well, today, I was sitting on the couch working and I hear some rustling behind me and look back and he had gotten in the crate and laid down. I guess he thought he needed some time out! He stayed in there for a while and then came out and laid by me. Funny dog.
(And yes, the top of the crate doubles as a shoe rack for the shoes we throw on to take him outside!)
No comments:
Post a Comment