Monday, October 13, 2025

Sammy Fund Golf Tournament

Matt and I were able to get back to Quincy this year for the annual golf tournament after missing it for three years due to Morgan's soccer tournaments. It was fun to see everyone again! Matt took the train to Quincy Thursday night so he could golf on Friday with everyone. I drove down Friday after my parents got to DG to watch the girls. I made it into town around 5:00-ish. We went to Steve and Cathy's house on Friday night for a little party. On Saturday, Matt golfed again and I did a little shopping. I met up with him and we grabbed a few drinks at Karen and Jay's house. They were having a class reunion for Chuck's class this same weekend, so most of the people were at Jay's house for that. We went out for dinner Saturday night to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the games. Chuck and June had some class reunion stuff going on, so they weren't available. We started off Sunday morning at Chuck and June's house for Bloody Mary's, courtesy of Matt. Then, we went to the golf course for the tournament. The weather was gorgeous! While Matt was golfing, I did a little more shopping and relaxed at the hotel. I did meet up with the pizza delivery guy around 2:30 at the golf course to get that all set up. After the tournament, we hung out at the golf course for a bit and then went out to Chuck and June's house. They picked up Korean food from a new place by them, Seoul to Soul - very good food! Always such a fun weekend! I'm glad we were able to get back this year to enjoy it!

All of my pictures were from Sunday...

Fit Check!

Bloody Mary's

Selfie with June

Bloody Mary fixins'


28 teams played in the tournament this year

Matt golfed with John Howerton
Also in their group were John Delay and Tom Miller

Warming up on the putting green

Chatting up Don Brehmer

Chuck giving some opening remarks




Matt's team was 1st in the 2nd flight, so they won some shirts!


No comments: