![]() |
| Snackle box ready to go! |
We didn't have to be there until 12:30 on Saturday, so most of the nearby parking lots were full. We had to park on the street and pay the meter.
![]() |
| Took this so we would remember where we parked! |
The dressing room situation at this comp was a trainwreck! Way too small! We could barely find a spot for Avery to set up and get changed. I would've loved to take a picture, but that would just be creepy. (On a side note, she picked the far back corner to set up. So, when she was trying to leave later she could not get out. She texted me, "Mom I need help". I had to lift her dance duffel over my head and carry it out that way because there was no room on the floor.)
They kicked off the comp with their Hip Hop dance - called The Rhythm (Novice Junior Large Group). See official pics and video from the competition below:
They got Iconic Platinum adjudication (which is based on their individual score). They didn't place in the overalls (which is when they lump all the dance types together and take the top 10). I think they were a little disappointed because they thought they did well. Their dance teacher thought maybe the boxes were too far off the center so they were dancing too far in the wings on stage. Not sure, but they have some time before the next comp to work on it.





No comments:
Post a Comment