Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Volleyball

Tonight at volleyball (which, by the way, we won all three games!), something a little strange happened. I noticed a TV camera guy filming everyone playing volleyball... there are 3 courts in the area we play. Then, he picked our court and asked if we would let this high school kid play with us so they could get some footage of him playing volleyball. Huh??? Kind of an odd request, but we said ok. His mom was with him and she said the footage was going to be used on Inside Edition.

I'm not sure if anyone saw this in the news, but it turns out that he is that student, Bruce Zayas, that was paddled by his coach for missing serves in a volleyball game. He went to Simeon High School.

When I asked him what was going on, he basically told me that he got paddled and his mom is making a big deal of it. I had no idea what that meant... and I was really confused as to why he was playing v-ball with us. But, a guy on our team talked with Bruce's mom while we were out playing and she gave him the whole scoop. I'm glad I didn't go to that school... geesh.

Anyway, I'm going to have to check out Inside Edition and see if any of the footage gets used! I'm assuming it will be on in the next few days.

No comments: