In typical girls weekend fashion, we accomplished the major requirements... get a manicure/pedicure, see a chick-flick, drink fun drinks, eat great food, and of course, lots of chatting!
I knew we'd have fun when Crystal greeted us at the airport with a welcome drink... apple-tinis... in the car... luckily we didn't get pulled over! And no, she was not drinking them while driving. We hit up the nail salon and then had dinner with more martinis for dessert. This time I had something with chocolate and banana liquers = YUM! We saw Eat, Pray, Love. I haven't read the book yet, but now I want to! Oh, and more martinis at the theater... with light-up glasses! Fun!
![]() |
| Glow in the dark drinks! |
On Saturday, we had lunch at a place called The Three Monkeys. Loved the food! It's different being in bars where people can smoke. I got used to Chicago and being smoke-free.
![]() |
| Now, that's a big martini! |
Afterwards, we checked out the Anheuser Busch Brewery. We got there in time to take "Beer School", so we did that before the official tour. Beer School is basically a tasting of 5 different beers and they teach you how to taste beer, how to pour it, what kind of glass is best for each of the beers... and you get a diploma and a cool bottle opener! I think I'll have my diploma framed... or not. Anyway, it was fun!
![]() |
| They took us upstairs to the Busch Learning Center |
![]() |
| Learning about taste buds at Beer School |
![]() |
| My diploma |
We then took the official tour and had a few more beers at the end of that. They were handing out samples of their blueberry beer, Wild Blue, so I asked for that. The old guy serving beer tells me "this is strong, 8% alcohol" like he was trying to warn me... yeah, I don't mind dude. Then, he says to me "and it has 250 calories"... not sure if that was a slam at me, like maybe he thought I should be sticking to the "lighter" products or what. But, I still had it and it was tasty! One of those was enough, though. I got the Golden Wheat for my second free beer.
After all the beer, we decided to snooze a bit before dinner. Then we hit The Hill for dinner. The Hill is the Italian area of St. Louis and has awesome restaurants. We went to Zia's for dinner. The food was so good and we were SO full afterwards!
On Sunday, we had brunch at the Soulard Coffee Garden... we sat outside in the back garden area. The weather was beautiful! The food was really good, too!
Oh, the house we stayed at (Crystal was house-sitting) has some pretty interesting stuff in it! We didn't get to meet the owners, but we loved their collection of old beer, etc.
Then it was time to get back on the plane to Chicago. The flight home went well, except that I had some annoying girl behind me that had never been on a plane before. She had to be out of college in her early 20's. And she talked SO LOUD. She kept saying how exciting it was that she was flying and kept pointing out stupid stuff (I think she even complimented one of the stewardesses on the wings pin she was wearing). She wanted to make friends with everyone around her. If she had been sitting next to me, I would have rudely put my headphones on so she would stop talking to me. At the end of the flight, she said she felt nauseous, but she wasn't going to vomit. Great, thanks for the play-by-play, honey!
(More pictures on our Shutterfly site - password = mattstacia)










No comments:
Post a Comment