Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oh my!

This is the big moving weekend for our office. People are moving from the North office to the South office and people from the South office are moving into the vacated spots in the North office. I'm predicting mass chaos!

I'm so glad I don't have to mess with any of it. I just get to show up on Monday at the new building and figure out where the heck my office is located and unpack my stuff (which hopefully has made it there).

There are bright orange crates lining our walkways everywhere! And thick plastic wrap covering the floors to protect the carpet from the rolling crates. I almost wiped out on the plastic wrap... my shoes stuck to it!

And by pure luck (and I mean that sarcastically, because I have no luck at all), I am seated in the cubicle next to the "command center" for the move. The company that is organizing all this stuff has their head guys in the cube next to me.

There is some sort of flag color system that determines if you are moving to the other building, moving within the same building, not going to be in the office on Friday (the "early moves"), blah, blah, blah... apparently, there is confusion as to what flags mean what and whose crates can start getting moved to the "staging area". The movers are moving things they aren't supposed to be. Big brouhaha in the cube next to me... they are trying to figure out where the stuff is and what to do about it. Sounds like the chaos is beginning! : )

We are bailing from work a little early today for happy hour in a few hours! Getting the heck outta dodge!

Tomorrow, our office closes at noon and we must leave or will be packed up in a crate and shipped away... not really.

No comments: