Friday night, I met up with Hany and Erin for dinner at Sweetwater. Seems like forever since we got together and caught up.
On our way home, we saw one of the most awful things I've ever seen in real life. We were driving on Wacker drive and our light was green. We were in the middle lane of traffic and the car in front of us stopped. There was a girl walking across the crosswalk even though the light was green (and she had a DON'T WALK). I'm not sure if she had headphones on or what, but she had no clue that she shouldn't be walking. Well, a few seconds later, a car came driving through the lane next to us and didn't see her and hit her! The girl flew up in the air like a rag doll, head over feet and fell to the ground. She was not moving and Erin kept saying "oh my god, she's dead!" Some guy ran over and started slapping her and I guess he must have revived her, because a few seconds later, she was breathing again (it was cold, so we could see her breath). By sheer luck, there was a cop on the other side of the street that saw everything and immediately came over. The girl who hit her stopped her car, ran over and was hysterical. I would be, too. We were there for a few minutes, but then they started moving traffic again. We left before the ambulance came. We read online that she was taken to the hospital in serious-to-critical condition, but that her injuries were no longer life threatening. They cited the driver of the car for hitting a pedestrian, even though the light was green.
I always wonder how often people get hit by cars in the city. People walk across roads all the time without thinking. If someone in front of them goes, they think that it's ok to walk and just follow. Ugh, so sad.
On Saturday, I ran some errands in the morning and took a long snooze in the afternoon. We met up with Erin and Ross for dinner at Nano Sushi that night. Ross is like Norm from Cheers there... Linda, the owner, loves him!
And then, of course, today was game day. What a disappointment! We watched the game at the Purple Otter. Keely, Erin and I also played a couple games of Bananagrams during halftime. : ) We stuck around for the beginning of the next game... long enough for Matt to win the 1st quarter strip card game. Nice! Almost made up for the money we lost on the Bears game.
| Clint's and Brian's jackets |
| Me and Matt at the PO |
No comments:
Post a Comment