Everyone is stocking up for the big storm! I ran to the store after work last night really fast and it was a zoo! I think meat was the first thing everyone grabbed, because the selection was pretty awful.
I picked up a few things and got in the mega-line for the self checkouts. I guess Matt and I are lucky that we live above a grocery store. As long as someone shows up to work there, we can run down and grab something to eat. And we don't even have to go outside to do it! There is a hallway under our building that leads to the underground parking lot of Dominicks. Pretty nifty. I have used it before to bring a cart back to our condo when I couldn't carry everything I bought. The carts won't work once you get past the parking lot because of some security device that locks up the wheel, but they work six floors up in our building. ; )
I have a hair appt tonight up in Lincoln Park. Normally, I drive there. But, I'm thinking today I will take public transport instead. I don't want any part of being on the roads if it's going to be dumping snow on us!
1 comment:
Andy is so excited for the snow - he plans on taking Samantha out in the snow when it slows down tomorrow afternoon. Let's just hope she doesn't get lost out there!
Also, I also stopped at the grocery store last night and it was insane - worse than Thanksgiving shopping!
Post a Comment