As usual, the Christmas holiday flew by! We had a lot of fun visiting with friends and family. We spent a few days in Peru, IN (Matt's hometown) and then headed to Rochester, IL (my hometown). The girls had no idea it was Christmas, but I'm pretty sure they loved all the attention they got. They were doling out big gummy smiles the whole week!
Every year when my family opens gifts, my mom says the same thing... before you even have the gift fully open... "Do you like it?" and "I thought it looked like you". Matt finds this funny and will repeat it when anyone else opens a gift as well. Regardless of what the gift is. Example: We got coffee mugs from Sandi and Brett. Matt says "Do you like it? I thought it looked like you". He's such a smart ass!
We got a ton of wonderful gifs from everyone. The girls will be decked out in cute clothes for a while! And they have plenty of new noisy toys to entertain them. One of our favorite gifts was from ourselves - a new truck! Back when we got the Equinox, we thought it would be a perfect family car. Fast forward to the twins and all the crap they need lugged around and that car became too small super fast. We decided we need a third row and a wider car so I can fit in the back seat with the girls in their car seats. The Equinox failed at both of those requirements. We weren't quite ready for a mini-van, so on Christmas Eve day we bought a new Ford Expedition. It's huge! (I negotiated the bow into the deal!)
Matt got this great idea to start a new Christmas morning tradition = matching PJs. Since the girls wear one piece footed pjs, then Matt and I had to as well! To tell you the truth, I LOVE these pjs! They are so warm and comfortable. Is it bad that I want to wear them to bed every night???
We introduced my Grandma to her great grandkids when we were in Quincy. She loved seeing all the babies. She noticed that Morgan was darker complected than the rest of the babies. She also noticed how Morgan holds her hands together (which by the way must be genetic because Matt did the same thing as a baby).
We had our first big night away from the girls over the holidays for Kari and Fubar's wedding. Our last attempt at a date night was a bust when I came down with the stomach flu hours before we were supposed to go out. Talk about a big bummer! This time, we both were healthy and had a blast. Although, I'm pretty sure I would have gotten more sleep had I been at home with the girls. We stayed out way later than we should have and of course, woke up way earlier than we wanted to.
Our New Year's Eve was spent at home with Erin, Ross and Grayson. Matt and I may have been wearing our new favorite footed pjs. : ) We made pizzas and had a champagne toast at 11pm (yep - east cost time).
And then the holidays were over and it was back to reality. For me, that meant returning to work. Wednesday was my first day back in the office. I wasn't sure I would make it out the door Wednesday morning. It is SO hard to leave the girls. I left work around 3:30 on Wednesday because I missed them so much. I made it until 5:00 on Thursday. It helped to take an extra long lunch to catch up with Hany! I'm off on Fridays for a while, so at least this was a short work week for me. Next week will be tough.
2 comments:
WHERE did you get the matching family pjs?? Love them. Good luck back at work, I know it can be so tough!
I got the pjs from a website called www.footedpajamas.com (not a very creative name - ha!)
Post a Comment