Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Star Wars geeks get married!

My cousin Renee and her now husband Tony had quite the wedding in California a few weeks back. They are big Star Wars and Dr. Who fans, so that was highly incorporated into their wedding. From the music (mostly Disney tunes and Star Wars) to the readings (Calvin and Hobbes define love) to the reception and the sparkler/light saber send off, it was a fun night and a perfect expression of the two of them.

Erin and I flew out to LA and met up with my parents (who did a cross-country driving tour) for the weekend. The kiddos stayed home with the guys. We made it to the hotel Friday afternoon after a particularly scary shuttle ride. I'm not even kidding when I say the driver broke laws left and right and purposely scared the crap out of us riding in the van. At one point, he veered towards a tire in the road and narrowly missed it at the very last second. Then, he turned to me with a smile and said "I have to entertain myself somehow". Lucky me, I was riding in the front seat of the van.

We had a great time catching up with family members we don't get to see often and hearing stories about the ones that couldn't make it. My Dad's side of the family is pretty large and spread all over the US.

Renee's bouquet - made from family brooches




Family selfie - ha!


My Dad's Star Wars Vans

Photo booth fun

Erin dancing with our cousin's son Ticer

The bride and groom with the Duesterhaus'

Cutting the cake


No comments: