Saturday, December 10, 2016

Random

Sometimes I just want to remember some of the funny/strange things the girls do and say.

Avery: Mommy, do you like my new hat? I designed it myself.
Me: Yep (that's her underwear on her head)


On our way to swim lessons, we pass a Dairy Queen Brazier and there is a huge logo on the side of the building. Morgan yells at us "Mommy, why are there lips on the side of that building?" Took me a minute, but yes, it does look like lips. Now she mentions it every time we drive by!

We drive by this house all the time on the way home from school. For some reason, it's Morgan's favorite house. No clue why or when this started. But she'll say "Mommy, that's the house I'm talking about!" and point to this brown house. :)


The scenario is that I'm driving with the girls in the car somewhere. We are stopped at a light waiting to go.
Morgan: Mommy, you going to call that guy "dude"?
Me: Which guy?
Morgan: Him, in the car in front of us. You going to call him "dude"?
Me: Why would you say that?
Morgan: Cause you always say that. Go dude! (she mimics me)
Avery: What are you doing dude?!? (she chimes in mimicking me as well)
Morgan: Let's go dude!
Avery: Come on dude! What is wrong with you, dude?!?
(I guess I say "dude" a lot and yell at other cars when I'm driving - ha!)

The scenario is that we're sitting at the dinner table one night following a weekend where Mama and Papa had been babysitting.
Morgan: Does everyone have a brain in their head?
Me: Yes, you have to have a brain to live.
Morgan: But, Papa doesn't have a brain in HIS head.
Me: What? Who told you that?
Both girls start giggling. I'm guessing Mama said that once! (And I asked them later and they had no idea where this came from, but assumed that my mom must have said it in passing and they picked up on it!)

No comments: