The girls spent the morning at the Double JJ Riding Club again. Erin had arranged a second day of the private camp. It's been a long week for the kids and they were especially exhausted after this day camp.
On the way home, Morgan asked if we could go to 5 Below and pick out a toy. I said no because we have to stay away from other people while the coronavirus is still going around. Something came on the radio about the coronavirus (you know those news reports that make everything sound like the end of the world). Well, she just lost it in the back seat. She broke down in tears and told me she didn't want to listen to the radio anymore. She said she was so scared and asked me if I was scared, too. I told her I was scared, but that as long as she was with us, we would make sure she was safe. But, then she was just mad and sobbing. She said she was so mad that she can't just go to 5 Below and get a toy, or go to Get Air and play. She said she hoped the coronavirus would just die, because she can't do anything she wants to do because of that stupid virus. I tried so hard not to cry myself because that would not have helped her, but it's all I wanted to do. I just didn't know how much this all was affecting her until then. We are making a concerted effort now to not discuss too much related to the virus while she is in earshot.
Later, we watched one of the Mo Willems lunchtime sessions where he draws with the kids. Here is Morgan's pigeon from the class. I think she did really well.
No comments:
Post a Comment