I picked up some balloons to decorate the house with... a lot of balloons!
Since Matt and Morgan were gone all day at the soccer tournament, Aunt Erin came over to help Avery and me with the set up. She was a life saver... I wouldn't have gotten it all done without her! Aunt Sandi made t-shirts that said "Slumber Party Squad" on the front and each girl's name with "10" on the back. She also made water bottles for each girl with their names on them. They were all so adorable and I'm so mad I didn't get a picture!
![]() |
| This is a selfie from one of their iPads |
I have no more pictures from the night unfortunately. One of the little girls had an allergic reaction we think to Milo's fur and I spent some time helping her out. Luckily, everything worked out and the kids all had an awesome night (and she was able to spend the night as well!)
But, other things we did after the gift opening... the girls had pizza, of course! The girls also decorated their own cupcakes and had those for dessert. Messy again, but fun. Then, we played a few games. One was pass the gift around and the girls loved that. Then we played a version of This or That to see who knew Avery and Morgan best. Turns out the two girls that knew Avery best also knew Morgan best (or at least they were good guessers!) I think there was a massive hide and seek game, too. Eventually, the girls got tired and we put on the Descendants movie. Most of the girls were asleep by 11:15, which I consider a huge success! Only one girl got up in the middle of the night and I think she was sleep walking because she doesn't remember any of it! Ha!
The next morning, Matt made breakfast for the girls on the griddle. Pancakes, french toast, bacon and sausage! Then they played some more... some played soccer in the basement. They used the karaoke microphones to announce the game! Avery played Roblox with Emily away from the craziness. Then, we built a massive fort with all the girls' blankets and they had popcorn!
I was an exhausted sweaty mess by the end of this party! But, I think all the girls had fun! Avery was a little overwhelmed at times with the craziness of it all, but said she loved it! Morgan had a blast even though she was so exhausted doing this and her soccer tournament. Will we do it again??? Ask me in a few months after I've recovered. :)















No comments:
Post a Comment