I didn't get a pic of Morgan on her patrol, but since I was supervising recess I was able to get a couple of Avery on her patrol!
Thursday, May 25, 2023
Safety Patrol
The fifth and sixth graders at our school can be part of the Safety Patrol, which is where the students patrol the other students during the school day. They wear these yellow sashes and have assignments, like which part of the day and where/who they are watching. The fourth graders get to practice one day this year when all the current Safety Patrol go on a field trip. They spend one day shadowing the current Safety Patrol and the next day while they are all gone, they get to be on patrol! Morgan got assigned the morning arrival spot, so she had to be to school at 8:00 to make sure all the kids were good as they came into school. Avery was assigned a lunchtime spot, so she watched kids at recess. When I'm supervising recess and lunch at school, the Safety Patrol help by taking hurt kids into the nurse or bathroom. They also make sure the kids are following rules. They have to take a test to learn the rules (in case they don't actually know them already!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment