Thursday, March 26, 2009

Response received

I already heard back from the complaint I filed... of course, they apologized and said they were forwarding my email to the hotel manager for further action. I don't really care what happens beyond this point. Ideally, her boss will find out and tell her to get her "head out of her butt" (a phrase my high school basketball coach used countless times, but it seems appropriate here as well).

As an apology, they bumped up my Starwood Hotel rewards account to Gold level instead of the basic level. We are now supposed to get automatic free room upgrades at check-in whenever we stay at a Starwood Hotel, we get more points per dollar spent, we get a free newspaper, etc... I guess it's something.

Funny thing is that the hotel we ended up picking for our wedding is another Starwood Hotel. So, I guess "they" (the conglomerate of Starwood Hotels) really didn't lose our business after all. It kind of moved from one hotel chain to another. Oh well, I'll still take the Gold upgrade. : )

No comments: