Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Got a new phone... part 2

As I mentioned, the new phone I got in November is already kaput. Well, it still works, but the sliding mechanism on the slide-out keyboard doesn't work and the top half of the phone is about to slide completely off. Not ideal, to say the least.

I called the warranty center for AT&T and found out there is an advisory for the phone I bought saying that this is a common problem, so they allowed me to return it and get another one.

Yesterday, the new phone came in the mail and I did the whole switcheroo and sent back my crappy defective phone. They are going to look it over to make sure the damage isn't from dousing it in water, dropping it, throwing it across the room, etc... and then the process is complete. I haven't done any of those things to the phone, so I'm hoping they realize that it's just a crappy phone. If I had my choice, I'd probably get a different one this time, but that's not part of the warranty.

No comments: