Anyway, the day ended up being gorgeous and warm, much warmer than I thought when I got dressed in jeans and layers earlier. I even took a jacket with me... what was I thinking?!?
Ross, Matt, Erin and I on the bleachers... we got a prime spot were you could actually see Wrigley!

Phil and Ross

Matt and me

Erin and Ross

About the 8th inning, the birds thought the game should've been over (it did start later than normal, I guess) and descended on Wrigley ready to scavenge for leftover nachos, hot dogs, etc. I think they were mad people were still there. It was kind of crazy! I didn't get that great of a picture of it, though.
You can see the birds circling above at the top of the picture... there were tons of them!

Cubs win!

The HUGE pizza slice Erin got... may have been why she felt so yucky later!

Afterwards, we went to the Purple Otter for wings (Matt had been craving them all day!) There was a big send-off for Roy at the PO, since he is leaving for the Peace Corps in a week... going to Moldova. Yeah, I had to look that up, I'd never heard of it. Best of luck to him!
Long day of lots of drinking and eating. Matt and Ross may have been a bit overserved ; ) We all had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment