This week is going by so fast! Yay for Friday! : )
There was another meeting of the book/wine drinking club on Tuesday night... heavy on the wine drinking, less on the book discussions. : ) I picked up a new book to read, Prep. I already started it and I'm determined to actually finish it before we go back for the next book club!
On Wednesday night, my team swept in volleyball! And then we celebrated with drinks/dinner at Four Shadows. Good times!
My company is doing this new "healthy snacks" initiative, so yesterday we got fat-free yogurt, berries and nuts for a little afternoon snack. Pretty tasty! I am an idiot, though, because I forgot and right before they set out the snacks, I was hungry and I ate a cookie (leftovers from some client lunch). Figures.
Last night, Matt and I went out for sushi at Izumi. Yum! So this was a little uncomfortable... sitting right next to us was a couple that was having a pretty heated discussion and apparently not too happy with each other. They acted like no one else was around or could hear them. It was so distracting and awkward. Seriously, you are in public, folks!
Today, is the big head-shaving at my office. Every year, our office participates in St. Baldricks and people shave their heads to raise money for children's cancer. It's always a fun time... alcohol in the office, crazy designs shaved into coworkers heads... and it's for a great cause.
Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'm heading up to Wisconsin to Devil's Head. My sister and brother arranged a ski weekend, so a bunch of us are going up. Matt is staying home to work. Boo to that! Last time I went skiing, it was freezing cold and the hills were like sheets of ice, which made for lots of falling and LOTS of bruising! Yikes! But, this weekend is supposed to be warmer, so hopefully we'll have good conditions! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment