Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trip to Peru

Peru, Indiana... that is.

This past weekend, Matt and I went to his hometown of Peru, Indiana. The main purpose for the trip was Scott and Cory's wedding. (Scott played golf with Matt and worked at the golf course.)

We got into town on Friday night and met up with Ryan's parents at the school gym. They play volleyball with a bunch of friends on Friday nights there. I jumped in and played for about a half hour with them. Matt supervised. : )

Afterwards, we went to a friend of Ryan's parents' house for dinner and to celebrate Ryan's aunt's 60th birthday.

On Saturday, we drove through town and Matt showed me the house he grew up in.


On Saturday night, we drove to the middle of nowhere for Scott and Cory's wedding. I forgot how dark it gets driving out in the boonies!

This is the best picture I got of them getting married


A pic of Scott and Matt


The only pic Matt allowed us to get together... I took it myself.


On Sunday, we stopped off at the hospital on our way out of town to visit Bob. He went into the hospital late Friday night, so he missed Scott and Cory's wedding. He had something called diverticulitis. Apparently, it's very painful, but he seemed to be doing well.

Then, we drove back to Chicago in very dreary, rainy, crappy weather. Hello, spring!

No comments: