Monday, March 8, 2010

Umm... you have to be kidding me.

For some reason, I am unable to log into my retirement benefits at work today. I used to be able to. Can't anymore. Doesn't recognize my employee ID. So strange.

I need to update my beneficiary to be Matt. I'm getting these emails/letters in the mail that I am not allowed to have someone other than my husband as a beneficiary unless I have him sign a form.

At the bottom of the login screen, there is a number to call for help (exact words are: "If you need help accessing the system, please contact the Towers Perrin Benefits Service Center at 800-...")

I call the number, the woman on the phone gives me a big sigh and says "Oh, I hate these kind of questions (more sighing) because I don't know the answer". Really? Isn't this your job? Did I dial the wrong number? She tells me she has to talk to someone else and they'll call me back tomorrow. She doesn't even TRY to help me.

Before she hangs up on me, I tell her that all I really need is to update the beneficiary information on my account. I figure, this is the Benefits Service Center, right? She says "Oh, I don't know how to do that either". She seriously said that to me. I almost wanted to say, what CAN you do? Besides pick up a phone and say your name?

No comments: