Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend, Erin and I drove home to Rochester for Mother's Day. Matt went to Indiana to celebrate the Bontragers' retirement with a golf scramble and dinner.

Erin and I got home in time for dinner Friday night, so we all headed out for Mexican food. My mom had a huge margarita which knocked her out - she was asleep about 10 minutes after we got home from dinner! : )

On Saturday, we got up early and drove over to Quincy to visit my grandma. I brought a bunch of pictures and the video from my wedding to show her. There was a DVD player in the lounge (aka the 'Bird Room' - they have a glass case full of birds and the residents sit and watch the birds fly around).

The bird room was entertaining - these little guys were super cute! They didn't leave each other's side the whole time we were there!


We also went to the Mother's Day Tea at her retirement home. There wasn't actually any tea, but they had cake and punch and a piano player.









I realized later we never got a pic of all four of us together. I'm so bummed!

After that, we met up with Chuck, June, my Dad and Brett for dinner at Kriegers.

On Sunday morning, Dad made us one of his famous pancakes and sausage breakfasts. And then Erin and I took Mom out shopping. We all ended up with a few new goodies! : )

We visited for a bit with our old neighbor, Regina, and her granddaughter Keely, who is going to be one of Erin's flower girls. Keely tried on her flower girl dress for us and showed us how she can twirl in it. Too cute!

Then, we were on the road again back to the Chi... the weekend went by way too fast!

No comments: