Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm tall, I get it.

I got on the elevator in my condo building this morning and this older guy in a business suit who is himself rather tall (I'm guessing 6'6") says to me "Wow, you're a tall one!" And then continues to scroll through his Blackberry, reading something. I say "yeah". What am I supposed to say? "Yep, you are too! High five, buddy!" I thought, maybe he didn't realize he said that out loud. : )

Then, when I got on the bus, I got a lot of up-and-down stares. I did the standard checks... pants, shoes, shirt... yep, I was wearing them... zipper... yep, it was up. Maybe this happens every day and I just realized it today, because that guy made the comment in the elevator, I don't know. But, it was definitely strange.

Maybe I just look exceptionally tall today.

1 comment:

LaurenK said...

You may want to consult Clint on this. He claims there is a special "tall person" nod that you do. Maybe that is what the guy was expecting. Or you could take another move from Clint's playbook and say "What's up little man," to the guy.