At the beginning of this year, the company Matt and I work for merged with another company. Both companies are about the same size and both have locations in Chicago. We've been hearing rumors for a while about what they were going to do about relocating employees, but it was officially announced a week ago. The group Matt and I work in (Retirement Consulting) is moving to the other company's office building and other groups are moving over to the space we're currently in. And it's happening pretty quickly... Sept 24th! Our new office building is about a block farther of a commute, which isn't bad. We still live about a mile from work, which I love!
Now, the big question is... where will we sit in the new office??? Right now, Matt and I sit about 10 feet apart on opposite sides of a cubicle wall. I think Matt is ready to be a little bit farther away from me. : ) It would be nice to have conversations on the phone about him without him being able to overhear me! jk
We are supposed to find out the new seating arrangements this week.
1 comment:
welcome to the neighborhood!
Post a Comment