 |
| Sauteed green beans and rye bread |
Last night, we went to
The Girl and the Goat to celebrate our 1st anniversary. I made these reservations back at the end of September (that's how long the wait is for a decent time at this place!) This is the restaurant from Stephanie Izard, the winner of Top Chef.
 |
| Stephanie hard at work |
When we got to the restaurant, we noticed there were a couple of seats right up near the kitchen at each end (like if the kitchen was a bar, you would sit right there and watch them cooking). We thought that would be cool to sit there. I'm guessing a lot of people would think the opposite. Well, we were seated right there! It was a lot of fun! We got to see them preparing all the food and talk with the chefs to get some suggestions on what to order. And we were ten feet away from Stephanie the whole time while she managed the kitchen and getting orders out. Matt even chatted with her. He makes friends everywhere he goes! : )
 |
| Making the sogu |
Here is what we ordered... 1) sauteed green beans, 2) seared scallops, 3) goat, pork and veal sogu, 4) bbq goat t-bone. We also got a sample of the roasted cauliflower with pickled peppers from one of the chefs, which was really good! Definitely a must order if you go. We finished off the dinner with bourbon apples for dessert.
Everything was amazing! I don't even know what my favorite was... probably the sogu. I think the goat t-bone was the top of Matt's list.
Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I only had the iPhone... so there are no good pictures of Matt and I together. Yep, Matt was shocked that I forgot the camera.
We can't wait to go back... maybe in a few months, considering how popular this place is!
1 comment:
yum! Glad you guys liked it - I cannot wait to go back with you :)
Post a Comment