Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Names

Just checked a listing of the most popular names from 2012... guess whose names are on the list?!? Yep, both Avery and Morgan made the top 100 most popular girls' names (according to Baby Center). Avery is #17 and Morgan is #85.

And since they are unisex names, I did check the boys' list and they are NOT on there.

People say to us "oh, I know a boy named that, but I don't know any girls" when we tell them our girls' names. I didn't even think of Morgan as being a boy's name before. Besides Morgan Freeman, I really didn't know of any male Morgans. I've heard Avery as a boy's name, though. We also didn't do the girls any favors by making their middle names unisex as well. But, they are spelled feminine - Leigh and Jo. Leigh is after their Aunt Erin's middle name and Jo is my middle name (and my mom's). The whole unisex names thing was not intentional!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Don't know if I told you but I LOVE both of their names! Who knew they were so popular? I don't know anybody with those names.