The girls' school assignments have been getting quicker the past few days. I think this is because we are getting so close to the end of school. Of course, it's also due to the fact that I'm doing the bare minimum that they need to do to submit to their teachers. When it says do these 4 packet pages and submit a picture of one page... we do one page and submit that. If we get to the other pages, great. If not, I'm not worried. The girls have worked really hard so far!
Some things are starting to open back up... in phases. Gov Pritzker has 5 stages to re-opening Illinois. The state is broken into regions and each region goes through the stages independently. We are entering in phase 3, so non-essential retail businesses can open for pick-up and delivery now. Golf courses can reopen with restrictions (no carts, doubles only, scattered tee times). Matt even went golfing on Thursday with his old boss. Some services are allowed to open May 29th (hair salons are included in this - yay!). Non-essential gatherings of 10 or less people are allowed. I have heard that restaurants can open with outdoor seating only. I've also heard that zoos may reopen, but you'll have to make appointments so the number of people are limited. We'll see if that happens.
Phase 4 would allow restaurants and bars, child care and schools to reopen with safety rules. And gatherings of up to 50 people would be allowed. Phase 5 is fully reopening the economy, which probably won't happen until a vaccine is found. I truly hope some smart research doctor figures out the magic vaccine, so we can get back to our normal lives soon.
Such a strange time to be in, especially with little kids. They don't fully understand how crazy this is. They are really just along for the ride, whatever we tell them, they have to do. We've tried to tell them that this has never happened in our lifetime, but that just goes over their head. They will know how crazy this time was once they get older and people talk about the time of the coronavirus and how people were quarantined. They are old enough to remember this.
No comments:
Post a Comment