Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Quarantine Day 76: Hump Day

Makes me think of walking to school on Wednesdays when Al the crossing guard would always say to us "What day is it?" and the kids would all yell "Hump Day!"

Sometimes I sit back and think how different things are right now. It's crazy how much all of our lives have changed. At least we can get outside and get fresh air. Up until recently, Ruth's retirement community wasn't letting anyone leave their apartments. They were delivering their meals and mail to them. They were taking deliveries from us to them. We were not allowed to enter the building. I can't even imagine how I would feel in that situation. I'm glad they are keeping her safe, but it's not easy. Now, she gets time to walk outside. She is part of the last phase of re-opening, so we won't be able to visit her person for a while.

Today, I switched out the girls winter clothes for their summer clothes. Looking at some of their summer clothes from last year, I can't believe how much they've grown! It's like they are entirely different people!

No comments: