Saturday, October 14, 2023

Birthday Sleepover

Avery wanted to have a few friends over for a sleepover to celebrate her birthday this year. She invited Katherine and Elise (they are identical twins) and Maebel. We had the girls sleep up in the loft since Maebel is allergic to dogs and Milo rarely gets to go upstairs. I decorated the loft with balloons and streamer ands light per Avery's request. We still have a bunch of twin mattresses left over from their loft beds, so we moved those into the loft to make a giant sleeping area for the girls.

Opening presents and reading cards

Then, we tie-dyed hoodies! So messy, but the girls had fun!



Afterwards, they painted each other's nails with the new glow in the dark nail polish they gave her for her birthday.


Then, they watched shows and braided each other's hair.


We had pizza for dinner. Then, sang Happy Birthday and had treats!


We had LED hair accessories, so the girls loved posing with those.


Morgan and I had a sleepover in the guest room while Avery and her friends slept in the loft. Morgan fell asleep first (probably around 10:45). She had a soccer game on Saturday, so she needed to be ready! I thought the girls were calming down around 11:00, but then they got a second wind and started doing gymnastics and playing with the balloons! They also played Truth or Dare and Kiss/Marry/Kill. Two of Avery's friends fell asleep around midnight, but Avery and Elise stayed up really late. I kept telling them to turn off the TV and go to sleep. I think they finally fell asleep sometime after 1:00 AM!

The next morning, we had breakfast and the girls played together for a while. All of their games were canceled due to weather, so nobody had to leave too early.


They had a blast and are all planning to wear their new tie-dyed hoodies to school on Monday. I'll try to get a picture if I can since I forgot to get a picture of the finished products.

No comments: