Saturday, March 1, 2025

So much Flu A this year!

For some reason, this year is the year of Flu A. Seems like everyone is getting it! Morgan had it back in January and was down for more than a week. She ended up with pneumonia afterwards. Seemed like she was never going to shake it!

Then, after the Super Bowl, my mom got Flu A really bad and was out of commission for two weeks. I also had something that same week, but never officially tested. I assumed it was Flu A because I felt like crap and just wanted to sleep all week! Just as I started feeling better, I got a sinus infection that was no fun. I had such pressure in my sinuses and such a bad headache that I was so dizzy! I finally felt better after a couple days of decongestant, Tylenol and sleep! It just happened to be on the day the girls had off for President's Day. Morgan had a made a checklist of all the fun things we were going to do that day and I was just not up for moving at all. I felt so bad that we couldn't do everything! Btw, Matt did take them shopping to Kohl's to pick out some fun stuff at Sephora.

And now, just as I started feeling better, Avery ended up with Flu A. She started feeling bad Tuesday after Acro class. Then, by Wednesday morning, she had a high fever and felt terrible. So, she's been home sleeping and binging TV shows with me while I work. I bought some of the home tests because there's no reason to go the doctor for a virus. When we tested Avery, it immediately showed up as Flu A - like no waiting 15 minutes... you got it! Poor kiddo is doing better but coughing like crazy.




No comments: