I flew out to Palm Springs for a girls' weekend on Friday morning. With the government shutdown, they were saying that flights were going to be canceled since there weren't as many air traffic controllers. So, I was a little worried my flight would be one of them! But, luckily, I was able to get out on time with no issues. One of the girls that was supposed to come with us woke up super sick Friday morning and wasn't able to fly out. So, that was a bummer.
When I got on the plane to my seat, I noticed this next to me! My first thought was oh, great, someone had gotten sick in the row and they had to clean it up. But, the flight attendant told me there was some sort of sticky gummy stuff on the seat belt and cushion and it was making the seat belt unusable. So, they had to get rid of the middle seat cushion and replace the seatbelt. Some guy named Wayne ended up sitting in the window seat after they fixed the seatbelt, but the middle seat remained empty - score! The rest of the flight was completely full, so Wayne and I were pretty happy with this!
And in other news, I don't fly American very often, but I was super happy to see they serve Diet Dr. Pepper on flights!
We all arrived Friday afternoon. We got settled at JJ's place and then went out to dinner at Las Casuela's. We went to the location closer to JJ's house, but we had eaten at the one downtown and loved it. This one had an outdoor patio with a band playing. We all had margaritas, yummy food and dance a little bit. It was a great way to kick off the weekend! Oh, and there was a even a clown there - random! We ended Friday night back at JJ's place with some drinks in the hot tub.
On Saturday morning, we woke up early and had plans to do a hike. There was a heat wave in Palm Springs and the temps were above 90 degrees. We were required to have 32 ounces of water to be allowed to do the hike by the park district. The hike we had planned to do was supposed to end in the mountain with a waterfall, but it was all dried up. So, instead we headed back downtown for brunch and mimosa flights!
It was Pride Weekend, so the streets were shut down with lots of booths. We walked and shopped and people watched!
 |
| Prince made an appearance! |
They were playing the actual music videos along with the songs... I forgot how terrible some of these videos were - ha!
 |
| Such a fun night! |
 |
| DJ Devo |
We dance SO much at the 80's party! We all had a blast! Afterwards, we headed back to JJ's place to crash!
It was a gorgeous Sunday morning and a little cooler, so we sat outside for a bit. Sarah had to get up early and head home (she drove from Arizona). JJ, Crystal and I went to Breakfast Republic for breakfast.
Oh, by the way, this is what was going on back in Downers Grove on Sunday morning! It snowed!
JJ dropped me off at the airport around 10:45. I found out my flight was delayed (thanks to the government shutdown and the weather). At least I was able to enjoy the nice weather since the airport has an outdoor area.
We boarded the plane around 1:00, but were initially told we weren't going to take off until 2:30. But, we were able to get out at 1:45, so that was good! The flight was uneventful - I watched Bridget Jones' Baby. The winds were pretty bad in Chicago, so our landing was a little scary... but we made it! It took almost 30 minutes for my Uber! There were at least 30 people also waiting for Ubers. And then this is how my drive home started... snowy and traffic jam! It had just started snowing again around 8:00 PM and it was low visibility in places. The roads hadn't been cleared either. Ugh - gotta love Chicago weather! I was happy to make it home around 9:00.
As always, a fun weekend hanging out with some great ladies! I think we're making Palm Springs an annual trip. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment