Yesterday, I decided to clean out the cabinets at Matt's place to make room for more groceries. There was some seriously expired stuff in those cabinets!I do remember a time a year or so ago when Matt was going to make pancakes for us with Bisquik that had expired in 2004 (no way would I eat that!)... so I shouldn't be surprised by this. I'm one of those people that won't drink the milk two days after the "Use by" date stamped on the bottle. I'm kind of freaked by the possibilty of eating spoiled food, I guess.
I found four cans of soup in the cabinet that had expired... one had an expiration date of Nov 2007! Now, I know soup lasts anywhere from 18 months to like 5 years, so this is nuts. I tossed the stuff.
By the time I finished, I think I had a full bag of trash to throw out (including some items from the fridge that had seen better days, and some frosty unrecognizables from the freezer).
Of course, when Matt got home, he said he would eat all that stuff and that soup "never goes bad". Yeah, maybe if you have an iron stomach like he does! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment