Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wedding Belles and a night out with the girls

On Saturday morning, I drove Hany out to Barrington to Wedding Belles to drop off her dress to be cleaned. This place has designer sample dresses for sale. It's an old house and the dressing rooms are the bedrooms upstairs. It's run by these older women, who I think just love their jobs. They are so smiley and happy. : ) They will professionally clean the dresses for free since they are the samples that have been tried on before.

After that, I ran some errands in the afternoon, logged a little time on the couch and then got ready for a girls night out. Unfortunately, all the "girls" couldn't make it, but Hany, Jane and I still went out and had a great time. We had dinner at Soprano's on Sheffield. The food was really good! I had crab stuffed halibut with sauteed spinach... yum!



Afterwards, we headed down the block to Uncle Fatty's for a few drinks and to hear the band. They have drinks in fish bowls... danger! I may have drank a little too much on Saturday night. Those things taste all sugary, but they have a kick (... in the head the next morning!)



Oh, and we ran into the "pancake guy" from Blue Frog. There was a guy that sang some song and kept inserting the word 'pancakes' in there every few words. It was very funny! Anyway, he was at Uncle Fatty's in his signature hat.



Hany had fun mimicking the bouncer!

No comments: