Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Matt and I are back from our double Thanksgiving holiday... and if you count the West Loop T-giving from last Sunday, we had 3 Thanksgivings! Lots of great food and fun hanging out with family and friends.

We drove to Peru, Indiana on Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday, we all went to Ryan's aunt Carla's house for lunch. I learned something new there... and maybe this is something lots of people do, but I had never seen it before. They have noodles in gravy and put them on top of the mashed potatoes instead of just regular gravy. This is genuis... seriously, I love noodles and gravy and mashed potatoes... the combination of the three was delish!

We played this card game called Phase 10. This is the LONGEST card game ever. It was fun, but by the end, we were just glad someone finally won. Besides cards, we veg'd out on the couch and watched TV... perfect!

On Friday, Matt and I drove to Kent, OH to his aunt Sandy and uncle John's house (Sandy is his mom's sister). His mom brought his brother's two kids (Raygan is 9 and Gavin is just about 7) with her. We all went bowling. We bowled two games (Matt bowled a 202 the second game!) We left after that, because we had to be back at the house for dinner... and Gavin was starving. He seriously threatened to eat his thumb if we didn't feed him. : ) The things kids think of!

We had dinner and played Catch Phrase and then totally crashed!

On Saturday, the kids all went swimming and Matt and I did a little shopping. We bought our xmas present to each other... a blue-ray dvd player and a couple of movies to start us off. I tried to get Matt to let me buy a xmas tree for his place at Hobby Lobby, but he refused. Scrooge. ; )

Then, we had the big Thanksgiving meal with turkey, potatoes, etc. Again, so good. If it were fat-free, I think could eat that every day! Well, I'd probably have to alternate pizza in there sometimes! : )

After lunch, we went ice-skating at a rink at Kent State. Lots of fun! This was the only thing I remembered to take pics of the whole weekend. I'll have to post those later because I don't have the cord to load them to my computer.

Saturday night, we had loads of great desserts and then watched football. Perfect end to Thanksgiving #3.

Sunday, Matt and I got up early to head back to Chicago. The weather was total crap for most of the trip from OH to Chicago. And people really don't know how to drive in total crap. It was like all rules were gone. We did get to stop off at a Steak-n-Shake for lunch, so at least that cheered Matt up a little.

No comments: