Last week, I was actually thinking to myself "it might be nice to get back to work and a normal routine again". What was wrong with me?!? I've been back at the office today for less than 8 hours and I'm already retracting that statement.
The past few days have flown by...
On New Year's Day, I veg'd out at Erin's place watching football. I may have eaten the equivalent of six full meals (LOTS of food!) and had one beer. My headache from the champagne on NYE kept me from drinking too much. It was a nice (relaxing) time!
On Friday, I did what any newly engaged girl does... I got a manicure. I was in dire need of one and I had the day off, so what the heck! I also got an eyebrow wax and the woman laughed at how bad my eyebrows had grown out. Seriously, lady - you should have seen me in high school... this is NOTHING!!! She actually showed me the tape with the wax and my eyebrows to prove to me it was bad. Thanks.
My parents drove up for a visit and to celebrate xmas with my Dad's side of the family. So, we hung out on Friday and had dinner at Pete's pizza... love that place!
On Saturday, Matt and I stopped off at Shannon and Tim's place in Downer's Grove to drop off a mirror. Shannon works with us and her husband does woodworking and is going to replace the cheap frame on the mirror with something really nice. I can't wait to see the finished product!
We then drove to Arlington Heights to my aunt Amy and uncle Dan's place. They had arranged an appt with a tire shop near them so I could get new tires. Turns out 8 years is about all tires can take! Actually, I've been needing them for a while now. Last time I drove, the tires were so flat, the car was barely drivable. It felt like we were riding on ocean waves or something and I was barely going 15 mph. We went through two rounds of quarters on the air machine at the gas station and Matt wasn't even finished with the 4th tire! Not good.
We spent the day visiting with my family and eating more food. We played Catch Phrase and Scattegories. It was good to catch up with everyone, especially since I have missed the Duesterhaus xmas the past few years since I was in the NL.
On Sunday, my mom stopped in at Matt's place and we picked out some curtains for Matt's living room. I'm excited to see how the room will look once they are installed. Funny thing is that we looked at TONS of different fabrics and patterns and we basically came back to the one Matt had picked out as his very first favorite. Strange how that works.
We had lunch at Flat Top... yum! And for the rest of the day, I veg'd out on the couch and researched stuff for the wedding. I also took a little snooze and caught up on my sudoku. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment