A wrap up of what happened this past weekend...
On Thursday night, Matt and I checked out that new place Market over by us. They have a restaurant/bar indoors, outdoor patio w/tv's and a rooftop deck (for drinks only). It's a pretty cool place and the food/drinks were good. The service was not the greatest. But we were entertained with all the people watching we were doing while we waited.
On Friday, I joined Erin's gym, Lakeshore Athletic Club (by the Aon building). I'm starting my "countdown to the wedding" workouts! The gym is gi-normous and has tons of cool equipment and classes.
Friday night, Matt and I ordered in and watched Burn After Reading... awful awful awful. Two thumbs down. Matt looked at me at one point and said "when is this movie going to end?" And then about 5 minutes later, it just ended. Credits rolling, finito. Yo, Brad Pitt, what were you thinking??? I'd like those two hours of my life back, please!
Saturday, the weather was crappy... so much for that awesome forecast. Boo! I met up with Erin for what was supposed to be a 1.5 hour Step and Sculpt class. Turns out it was an hour of Advanced Step and an hour of Muscle Conditioning. And the instructor for Advanced Step was Hector and he was a dancer. I am not a dancer and if this class had been video-taped, someone could have won $1 million from America's Funniest Home Videos! I'm surprised I didn't hurt myself or someone around me.
Matt and I had a few people over for a BBQ. In honor of the 4th of July holiday and keeping with our around the world beer tours, we did a US Beer Tour. All kinds of US Beers from different states. You keep track of where you've been with a star on the state the beer is from.
Matt's map is on the bottom left, mine is on the bottom right. As you can see, Matt did a lot more "traveling" than I did. I don't think I ever made it back to IL. I think Michelle's is on the top left and Andy's is on the top right. Michelle was particularly fond of Colorado!

Lots of bottles in the recycling room!

We played Disaster and some finger on a glass game (not sure what the name was). By the end of Saturday, I felt like a whale... or maybe that I had eaten a whale. So much food and beer... kind of like Thanksgiving without the turkey. We finished the night off with a round of karoake. : )
Sunday = relaxation! I took a few naps, did some laundry, started reading Twilight while sitting on our balcony soaking up the rays. I've had that book series since Christmas and am just starting on it. It was a great day!
1 comment:
Do not rent the movie Twilight (that is based on the book). It is TERRIBLE.
Post a Comment