Friday, July 10, 2009

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm so sleepy today. Not sure if it's because of the weather or that it's way too quiet in the office or just a long week... I just want to be snoozing right now. Maybe I'll pull a George Costanza and hide out under my desk for a quick catnap. : )

On Wednesday, Matt's mom came to Chicago. We went out to dinnner at The Grocery Bistro. Lots of interesting drama at that place, I guess. According to the chef that used to work there, the owner never paid him or his family for other work they did and he had to quit. His parents now camp out in a van with a huge sign on it across the street from the Grocery Bistro on busy nights. I didn't take this pic and you can't read it... I'll try to get a better pic sometime.


On Thursday, Matt's mom and I went shopping for dresses for her to wear to the wedding and the NYE reception. We lucked out and found both at House Of Brides. And they were a great price! We met up with Matt on his team outing later at Market bar in the West Loop. The Stoli Vodka girls were there walking around blind-folding people and giving away free Stoli drinks. I'm not really sure why the blindfolds were necessary, but whatever.

After that, we went to dinner at Vivo. I love this place! Everything I've had there is really good. I had scallops that came with mashed potatoes and spinach... I was so full when I got home!

Today, we are all heading to MI for Matt's family reunion. They've rented a big house/barn for everyone to stay at that is right by the beach. Now, let's just hope the weather cooperates!

No comments: